Buying a Home Was Like Shopping at Target
Remember earlier this decade when homes were selling like crazy? Remember the attitude was if you want you can have it? New home shopping was a lot like a shopping trip to the Target. You go in and get a lot of unrelated things (shoes, coffee, toothpaste and batteries) that you need. Home shopping was like this. You had a shopping list of things you thought you wanted in the home. Things you thought were important. Only after getting them all and moving in, did you realize all the stuff didn’t necessarily make a better home. Better design and planning make a better home.
Design Makes The Difference
Evans Coghill’s Homearama 2011 home is where dreams and desires are married with a realistic budget. Don’t come looking for excess and over the top ideas. Come to see design and features within reason for a home buyer today.
Through this blog, we have been highlighting features of this home. Broadly speaking, these highlights include:
- Home Plan Room Relationship (Homes are not built with the same rooms today as the home you grew up in. You won’t miss the room you don’t need and you will find space where you need it.)
- Energy Efficiency (Neither the planet’s energy supply and your wallet’s utility budget are limitless. How are we making this home comfortable for less $?)
- Outdoor Living Space (It not just a deck at the back door. It is another room of the house and you need to plan on it. See what we have included on this great back porch.)
- Space Planning and Design (The color pallet of today’s homes is much simpler and neutral now. You will appreciate the return to a more soothing colors. Pay particular attention to where the color splashes are in the home.)
- Farmhouse Home Elevation (This is a timeless architectural style. Certain elements of design make this home an part of the Farmhouse genre. Can you identify what they are?)
- Kitchen Design and Features (Take a look at the induction cooktop – energy efficient and reasonably priced, too.)
(October 8, 2011- Our home was voted Best Overall Home, Best Kitchen and Best Outdoor Living Space. Pictures and details here).
(October 20, 2011 – Take an unscripted look at a couple of the unique features of award winning home here. )
(November 21, 2011 – The River Cottage (Evans Coghill’s Homearama home plan) is sold in Springfield. The buyer made some great modifications to the plan making it fit their lifestyle.)